Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
Established in 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a growing and diverse team on a collective mission to create what’s next in AAA open world games. The studio announced its first new IP at E3 2017, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, an all-new, action-adventure game where players assemble customizable controller-mounted starships and launch into epic, interplanetary adventures. The Toronto team is also hard at work on Far Cry 5 in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal. The studio shipped its first lead production, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Blacklist™, to critical acclaim in 2013. Since then, the Toronto team has contributed to multiple award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, Watch Dogs®, and For HonorTM.
Ubisoft Toronto was honoured in 2017 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the second consecutive year.
User Research Analyst
The User Research Analyst is responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user tests to inform game design and drive impactful improvements in the usability and playability of Ubisoft titles.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The main and routine tasks of the User Research Analyst are to:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand goals and gather research requirements
- Design a test plan using appropriate methodology to meet test objectives
- Execute tests with support from UR Moderators (including conducting usability and appreciation tests, surveying participants, direct observation, etc.)
- Analyze the test data to understand participant behavior and identify potential improvements
- Write up reports on the analysis and come up with impactful recommendations grounded in data
- Communicate the results to stakeholders through various means
- Help coordinate UR Moderators (scheduling, objectives, study process)
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, User Research, Human Factors or other related field.
- 3+ years’ of experience working in the video game industry as a user researcher or any relevant experience or training.
- Strong research and experimental design background, including knowledge of various quantitative and qualitative analysis methods
- Ability to innovate and determine strategies when sending out reports, graphics and representations of statistical data
- Strong communication skills – including the ability to present results to stakeholders in various levels of the organization and being able to work well in a team structure
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Proactivity when formulating research questions
- Organization skills and ability to work under pressure
- Able to analyze and deconstruct games of different genres to understand their respective facets
- Knowledge of the video game industry and a passion for games
- Preferred: SQL
- Preferred: Tableau
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office
- Competitive Salary $68,600-100,000
- Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Scored by The Economist as the Best City to Live, our studio is located in the trendy Junction Triangle located in West Toronto, close to TTC, the hottest bars and restaurants, and excellent coffee shops. We celebrate successes as a team at our monthly UbiBash events, and invite our families to events throughout the year including our annual Kids Holiday Party and Summer BBQ. We give back to help make our community better through our team volunteer days and fundraising activities. We hold regular game jams to fuel our team’s creativity. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and provides the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development, flexible days, on-site Yoga and Bootcamp classes, fresh fruit, Life Drawing classes, as well as spontaneous team surprises such as Pi Day, Star Wars Day, and Halloween.
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now! https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/careers/search.aspx?location=Toronto#
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time