Who we are
DocuPet is a 5-year old technology company based in Kingston, Ontario. We provide a fully outsourced pet-licensing program for municipalities, with a technology-centric approach that brings the whole process online.
We provide pet owners with convenient and powerful ways to manage their pet data and to ensure that lost pets are returned. We also offer pet owners great financial benefits for licensing their pets through our robust local Rewards Program.
We are currently looking to add an individual to our development team to help out on building our unique software solution.
Who you are
- A college or university degree in computer science or a related field (a combination of education and experience is also fine!)
- At least two years of experience building secure and scalable database-driven web applications
- Experience with Symfony a plus
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- IT knowledge an asset but not required!
- Happy to work with a small team of driven developers (you would be dev #5)
- Someone with strong attention to detail
- Adaptable and able to handle multiple, conflicting priorities
- Passionate about innovation, technology & growing business
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and processes
- Willing and able to work on-site in Kingston, Ontario
What you’ll be up to
Web Application Developer
- Maintaining and updating one of several PHP-based web applications
- Building out new features and integrating with third-party systems
- Providing day-to-day assistance to other departments (running reports, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Assisting with Linux server maintenance
- Assisting with data analytics projects
- Assisting with mobile app development
Why should you apply?
DocuPet boasts a fun, vibrant team and work environment. As a fast growing technology company we are continuously presenting new opportunities for motivated, hard working staff. Come show us what you’d bring to our team!
Job Type: Full-time
- Kingston, ON
- PHP: 2 years