- Preparation of customer invoices in a timely manner.
- Maintaining invoice records in an organized manner.
- On a daily basis posting items removed from inventory to a job.
- Copying files eg. purchase order, drawing, packing slips, reports to job files.
- Preparation of customer quotes in a timely manner and emailing them out or e-filing when required.
- Maintaining quote records in an organized manner.
- Always receive 3 prices when quoting any jobs if possible.
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecast
- Prepare bi-weekly hourly & salary payrolls and related remittance
- Prepare monthly petty cash (Cdn. & U.S.) reconciliation
- Assist in preparing a variety of plans, such as but not limited to, annual, 5-yr, 9+3, etc.
- Prepare various reports upon request by the Present’s and CEO
- Reconcile monthly GST/HST; file monthly returns and make required remittance
- Manage accounts receivable: post accounts receivable directly in SAP accounting system, monitor payment of A/R; make collection requests (calls, emails, and/or mails);and prepare and deliver bank deposits, as required
- Manage accounts payable: issue vendor cheques and bank transfers; and make payments for employee expenses
Other Office Functions
- Assist with Human Resources and Health and Safety issues
- Prepare and enter figures into spreadsheets for annual inventory count
- Fill in for the receptionist when required.
- Additional sundry duties, as may be required
- Assist in entry of time cards when Receptionist is not in and any other duties required for reception.
- Assist with preparing Minutes of Meetings
- Other duties as instructed by the President.
Knowledge and Experiences:
Education: Book keeping plus accounting courses / diploma needed
Experience: 2 Years working in computerized accounting environment
- Proficient computer skills with advanced Excel; knowledge of business applications such as, Outlook, Word and SAP Business One.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a group.
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Should be able to articulate ideas very well.
- Must be able to competently communicate ideas and strategies both orally and in written form.
- Pleasant, social interaction is essential.
- Must be flexible in order to accommodate others but tempered with decisiveness.
- Some training skills would be an asset.
- Must be able to present with professionalism.
- Should be a good listener and open to suggestions.
- Should be observant and inquisitive.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality.
- Position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time while viewing a computer screen.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs and longer distances.
- Office: Exposure to moderately loud noises on a continuous basis (telephone, fax, printers and photocopier). Well-lit, well-ventilated workstation which is maintained at a comfortable temperature year round.
- Shop visits to talk to employees, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs