With 140,000 sq ft fabrication plant located in Stouffville, Ontario, Canada, and world-class cutting-edge machines with the highest automatic efficiency & accuracy, Hans Steel Canada provides Engineering, Fabrication, and Construction service to the Structural Steel industry including Utility Transmission Tower, Telecom Tower, ICI buildings, and Monopoles.
HANS STEEL CANADA CORP.’s mission is to partner by creating value for local businesses and Candidates by developing long term relationships based on open communication, integrity, and trust. We understand that searching for a new opportunity can be a full-time job. At HANS STEEL, we take a personal interest in your career goals. We value our relationship with you.
Hans Steel is growing and we are looking for a Jr. Accountant to grow with us. The Jr.Accountant will be responsible for assisting with all financial information and preparing reports for monthly reconciliation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Process all Accounts Payable
- Processes account receivables, issuing invoices for our projects and and collecting receivables in a timely manner
- Process third party invoices
- Assist with monthly/yearly reconciliation
- Analyze and reconcile monthly bank statements
- Perform editing and formatting of documents for various correspondence, reports, and forms
- Act as a liaison between vendors/customers to resolve any billing discrepancies
- Support accounting and purchasing department in terms of bookkeeping and contacting suppliers;
- Provide accounting support to the VP of accounting to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of all accounting duties
- Other accounting duties ad hoc
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting from university or college with atleast 2-3 years experience
- Project billing experience considered an asset
- Must have experience with Quickbooks Online
- Knowledge of business laws and regulations.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong time management skills;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong command of the English language
- Sound business judgment including the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information;
- High degree of accuracy in work product;
- A proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- CA or CGA designations or in progress designations will be considered an asset
SALARY: Competitive salary based on experiences and overall qualifications.
EXPERIENCE: 2 – 3 years’ industry experience.
Hans Steel Canada Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 2 years