|Title:||AP Specialist (Contract)|
|Department:||Accounting & Finance & Audit|
|Zip/Postal Code:||L6J 2X1|
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Length of Service: 24 Months
The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for working closely with the Manager, Accounts Payable, other accounting departments and outside suppliers. The analyst will perform AP transactions such as processing invoices, payments and expense reports. The analyst will also work closely with the Accounts Payable Supervisor on special projects. Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions ensuring the organizations finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Assist with department initiatives, month-end purchasing accrual process and projects assigned by Supervisor
- Optimally communicate with team members and business partners timely & clearly
- Proactively identify and resolve issues and conflicts within projects
- Improve existing AP processes – including those impacting suppliers, accounting and business partners
- Enter supplier invoices and expense reports of employees, accurately in Great Plains for payment
- Prepare weekly cheque runs and ACH batches
- Perform the receiving and 3-way match function in the purchasing system
- Reconcile the AP trial balance, monthly and resolve issues related to items over 45 days old.
- Review and take action on emails received in the Accounts Payable mail box on daily basis
- Preparing the monthly purchase order accruals accurately by communicating with internal departments the most updated list of open purchase orders and ensure to get a response from the department on the most accurate amount for the monthly accruals.
- Ensure the assigned bank reconciliations are done by the fifth working day of the following month
- Ensure the assigned AP sub-ledger and GL reconciliations are done by the sixth working day of the following month
- Respond to supplier queries within 24 hours and be able to ensure action items are addressed at the earliest.
- Knowledge of an accounting software (experience with Great Plains would be an asset)
- Knowledge of AP function and process
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in entering invoices and expense reports
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure and be able to meet strict deadlines
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized
Education & Experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- University or college equivalent in Finance, Accounting and/Accounts Payable
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
What we offer
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking, including free electrical charging
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team.