Position Summary (Scope & Purpose):
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales and Marketing, the BDM – Direct Sales will be responsible for maximizing the development of our residential mortgage and deposit business through generating new customers and nurturing existing accounts. He/she will support our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by leveraging sales team resources, crafting community sales plans, deploying targeted telesales and driving referrals from their geographical network including real estate agents, accountants, lawyers and financial planners. This innovative and results-oriented professional will nurture leads through the sales lifecycle while mobilizing the Bank’s vision to serve as the premier financial institution for Chinese Canadians.
- As the bank’s brand ambassador, you will deliver on the bank’s promise, uphold our values and nurture all leads through to successful closure and handoff to our account management team.
- Leverage our product suite to deliver on needs and provide tailored solutions for our clients.
- Build strong community relationships with a disciplined prospecting program including regular meetings with influencers and introducers within the Chinese Community.
- Working with the sales support and marketing team, develop a strong client base and network, including a referral program, based on your delivery of an exceptional client experience.
- Leverage analytics to identify cross-sell and/or up-sell opportunities. Bring forward initiatives for channel growth and optimization.
- Develop a strong network of regional referral sources through active involvement and participation in the assigned communities.
- Build highly effective sales processes through active funnel management, accurate usage of CRM and creation of clear performance metrics.
- Promote a high integrity sales culture where customer’s needs are met in an honest and fair manner while adhering to the Bank’s credit granting guidelines.
- Monitor mortgage sales, deposits, revenue and expenses to produce a monthly forecast, including recommendations on actions to close emerging gaps.
- Operate within, and promote compliance with, the Code of Business Conduct, AML/ATF/KYC policies and procedures.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Candidate Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Experience):
- Multi lingual in English/Mandarin/Cantonese
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry – retail banking, insurance and/or wealth management.
- A strong team player who enjoys building a business with a highly energetic team
- Knowledge of residential mortgages, deposit products and credit underwriting
- A demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding client relationship targets, building a strong pipeline and referral program
- Excellent skills in needs-based selling, focusing on meeting the known and unknown needs of the client.
- Proven ability to build sound relationships with both individual clients and community partners.
- Resourceful, works independently with excellent time management and prioritizing ability
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business is an asset
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to build and grow an exciting bank start-up in an engaged, team-oriented working environment
- Commission structured compensation with a competitive base salary. Guaranteed base salary to start
- Health and dental benefits plan
- Car and mobile phone allowance
- Opportunities for career growth and development
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Thanks Adia for sharing the position.