We are seeking a detail oriented team player for the position of Financial Accountant Retail. The ideal candidate will have or be in pursuit of their CPA/CGA/CMA designation. This position is responsible for the financial accounting and financial controls associated with The Wine Shop (TWS) and Estate Wine Group East/West including monthly retail entries and account reconciliations.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Reconciling and balancing respective inventory locations.
- Continuously reviewing processes and procedures to improve and/or reduce the financial reporting timeline.
- Developing and executing the retail store audit program and deposit audit.
- Assisting with EWG Event reporting and entry to G /L.
- Providing accounting support to management and store managers upon request.
- Preparing working papers relating to all areas of responsibilities.
- Special projects and requests.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- University Degree/College Diploma in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Pursuing a recognized CPA/CGA/CMA accounting designation, an asset
- 2 5 years of related accounting experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- New systems integration experience, an asset
- Ability to provide timely and accurate information
- Ability to problem solve while paying close attention to detail and data integrity
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Continuous improvement mindset with a drive to see change through
*Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications no later than January 26, 2018* We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the company’s “Employment of Relatives Policy” immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire. In addition, per our “Internal Job Posting Policy”; internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.