Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst
Are you an experienced, designated finance professional with exceptional attention to detail who enjoys using numbers to clarify, create meaning and tell a story? If you have answered yes, then you should check out our current opening for a Financial Analyst/ Senior Financial Analyst reporting to the Manager, Finance, at our Head Office in Waterloo, Ontario. The determination of Financial Analyst or Senior Analyst will be determined by the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together.
The Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) is responsible for providing Finance customers with value-added information and analysis to assist in their decision-making process for managing the day-to-day and long-term business needs of the organization. The SFA is also responsible for assisting in the identification of any potential problems or risk areas as well as opportunities that their customers may need to be aware of and act on.
Who We Are Looking for:
- You possess strong analytical skills and have exceptional attention to detail
- You are naturally curious and deal well with ambiguity
- You are a self-starter and can identify opportunities for analysis and insight and carry them out
- You have a proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to meet strict deadlines
- You consistently provide a high level of service, information quality and responsiveness in professional, courteous manner
- You have a strong work ethic and commitment to operational excellence
- You are able to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders
- You are a highly motivated individual who demonstrates a desire to continuously develop knowledge, skill and expertise
- Financial planning and analysis support for Head Office departments within the organization
- Financial planning and analysis support for Corporate strategic initiatives
- Assist in the preparation of annual and long term financial budgeting and planning, monitoring for forecast of supported projects and initiatives
- Interact with business partners and senior finance management in the preparation of detailed and accurate analysis of the drivers of operational results
- Support project governance and cost control in conjunction with supported divisions, functions and departments where appropriate
- Track and report monthly on the performance of Corporate initiatives and projects
- Assist the Finance Team or business partners with ad-hoc requests and projects as they arise
- Work to continuously enhance current processes and financial reports in terms of accuracy and efficiency;
Your Skills & Experience:
- The SFA is in the final stages or has a recognized accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CPA, CMA, CPA, CA)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience is required
- Previous planning and/or expense analysis experience would be an asset
- Knowledge and experience with insurance industry accounting would be an asset
- Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint knowledge is required.
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion planning, Oracle Essbase reporting tools would be an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team or independently with minimal supervision
- As part of the selection process, this role requires candidates to successfully clear a Criminal Background Check and a Credit Check in order to be offered the position
What You’ll Experience:
- An incredible team of smart, diverse, and supportive people that want to help you be better at what you do
- Great benefits, ongoing education, and competitive pay
- Unexpected perks to keep things fun
How to Apply:
Please be sure to submit your resume through the career website for review and consideration.
At Economical we are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know at [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your needs.