Role-Solution Architect, Test Data Management
- Will lead the translation of business strategies and requirements into specific test data solutions, applications and process designs and identify associated functional requirements.
- Support product or project deliveries as he/she assumes the overall responsibility for all technical aspects of test data solution delivery, from inception through design to implementation (including all aspects related to development, infrastructure, and configuration management perspectives).
- Conduct regular detailed solution analysis and provide expert judgment pertaining to highly complex technical issues including all aspects related to SDLC, CI/CD, test infrastructure and drive towards a fully automated development and test pipeline.
- Manage the balance of current and future needs in both design and content.
- A rare blend of skills normally found in the specialized roles for Test Data management, Data Migration and Data Quality.
- Provides technical oversight, recommendations and support software developers, quality engineers, database architects, data analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- Support implementation processes in association with internal and external development teams, participate in project-related activities and enforces guidelines and standards that production teams use to help guide their work
- Assume responsibility for the Test data required to support all Functional Integration and Non-Functional Testing and ensure the quality of the implemented solution and its adherence to technology strategies, standards and best practices defined by the enterprise architecture team
- Provide architectural leadership for Data Migration projects
- Provide architectural leadership for overall test data strategy, design, implementation and its timely amendment and delivery to teams, and provide technical guidance and leadership to all internal and external teams involved in the implementation process
- Create solution architecture documents that describe and explain solutions attributes and associated benefits and maintain documentation in collaboration with enterprise architects as well as others solution architects
- Support the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of test data processes and solution management methodologies, including obtaining feedback after the solution has been implemented
- Responsible for developing and implementing automation for ETL, Big Data and Data Migration testing
- Build standard solution templates for different business use cases
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in IT. An advanced degree in a related area, an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of IT experience, of which minimum 5 as an SDET/SE working with test data in an integrated Enterprise system
- Experience working with large volume of Data from a QA perspective
- End-to-end working knowledge of QA in SDLC waterfall and Agile Scrum/DevOps methodology
- Knowledge of data manipulation and visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or other.
- Must have some experience in at least one of the following RDBMS: Teradata, MS SQL Server, Oracle.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and demonstrated ability to apply SQL creatively to a wide variety of business requirements
- Strong Knowledge of ETL tools such as Informatica, SSIS, or other as well as standards and best practices for ETL development
- Knowledge of Master Data and Reference Data concepts and solutions
- Proficiency with Business Intelligence tools
- Knowledge of Big Data Platforms & Tool Suite