What you will be doing…
– Working with the EM (Engagement Manager)/SDM (Solution Delivery Manager)/Program owner, ensure that the requirements are well defined, documented and prioritized.
– Drive & contribute to project solutions – JAD sessions, responsible for gathering input / documenting HLD/DDD (High Level Design / Detailed Design Document).
– Support SDM and SA (Solution Architect) in defining overall solution approach in consultation with IT stakeholders/application teams.
– When required back-fill role gaps (SDM, PM, SA) as needed.
– Responsible (in partnership with the PM) for aligning all technology teams (including Digital, Network) when delivering IT solutions.
– Responsible for documenting / managing change requests (PCRs).
– Track/document assumptions, risks, dependencies, and ensure appropriate actions.
– Responsible for HLD/DDD artifact documentation and submission to IT PMO.
– Supporting project manager throughout project life cycle.
– Work with Architecture and procurement on defining vendor expectations.
– Responsible for Cyberstar (Security) documentation and related security management follow-up activities.
– Responsible for documenting ORD (Operational Readiness Document).
– Support testing teams/activities: test plan/case consultation and manage defect triage with appropriate application teams.
– Work closely with third party technology vendors; ability to challenge the vendor design to ensure what is being built satisfies the needs of our business partners.
– Release scope with ITPMO, ERM.
– Support Testing team and triage fixes for defects related solution & design;
– Support PVT, ORT, BRT release implementation
– Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly status updates to Program Mgmt
– Review QA Test Plan and Test Cases and provide the feedback;
– Keep track of Deliverables and regular updates
– Support the applicable teams with schedules and status reporting.
– Scheduling meetings and control calls
– Creating Minutes
– Follow up to action items with other teams
– HLD/DDD/PCR review setup and obtaining approvals;
What you have…
– Undergraduate degree in Business, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
– Significant Experience as a Business Systems Analyst preferably with knowledge of Telecommunications products.
– Associate Certificate in Business Analysis, or in progress (i.e. CBAP Preferred).
– Experience using Rogers systems preferred and/or an asset.
– Jira knowledge is an asset
– Demonstrated experience in Vendor Management/Coordinating third party development.
– Experience with Software Development Lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall and Agile).
– Demonstrated success working with internal and external business teams to understand and gather requirements and working with project teams to meet expectations.
– Ability to quickly grasp new ideas and solutions, communicate effectively with colleagues (business and technical staff) and end users.
– Excellent decision-making, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and organizational skills.
– Ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, and resolve problems with people at all levels in the organization.
– Experience working with external vendors.
– Core Competencies: Customer service orientation; teamwork and collaboration; adaptability; initiative; analytical thinking.
– Role-Specific Competencies: Business Analysis; innovative design skills, problem solving; work-flow analysis; project management.
– Ability to express ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner, tailoring communication to the intended audience.
– Excellent time management and priority management skills.
– Flexible and possess a willingness to take on new projects/roles and to contribute to the team’s success in a variety of capacities.
– Self-starter with the ability to multi-task effectively and independently within a fast-paced environment.