Data & Analytics (Consultant / Manager)
Equifax Canada are hiring! We are seeking bright, talented Data & Analytics professionals in 2018 as we continue to expand and invest in our team. We have opportunities available at consultant and manager-level within the Data & Analytics team.
Our Data Analytics Consultants and Managers play a critical role developing innovative solutions for our growing client base, either by acting as technical translators in a consultant capacity, or by providing leadership for our Data Scientists, Analysts and Statisticians. The individuals work closely with Data Scientists and Data Management to develop the solutions while coordinating with Solution Delivery and IT to implement the final product.
Both our consultants and managers are primary drivers of Data & Analytics revenue and act as a significant contributor to the overall success of assigned verticals. By joining our team, you will interact directly with customers to understand their underlying business issues and design an analytical solution to address their needs.
Key responsibilities of the Data Analytics Consultant & Manager include:
- Work closely with partners in Sales and meet with customers to understand their business needs in an effort to assess potential analytical opportunities
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to develop analytical solutions ensuring the customer need and deployment limitations are well understood
- Engage the Data Management team to ensure all data needed is available and consult with the Data Strategy Manager to identify emerging information needs from our customers
- Coordinate deployment of the analytical solutions with Solution Delivery and IT based on the requirements
- Effectively communicate the analytical insights to the customer, accounting for the type of audience and highlight how the insights should be deployed within the customer’s strategies
Required experience of the Data Analytics Consultant & Manager includes:
- Highly knowledgeable with clients in Financial Services, Telecommunications, Insurance, Government or SME
- Experience in a consultative environment within a client-service business
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to convey technical material to non-technical audiences
- Bilingualism in French and English is required if located in the Montreal/Quebec/Ottawa area
Desired experience of the Data Analytics Consultant & Manager includes:
- Knowledge of SAS/R or BI technologies
- Expert knowledge of data mining and analytical methodologies with a demonstrated ability to identify the right approach for a given business situation
- Knowledge of Data Management and Data Architecture
- A proven ability to build cohesive teams across different functional areas
- Ability to set direction and provide detailed requirements
- Highly collaborative approach with an ability to influence others without direct authority
- Demonstrated strategic-thinking with an ability to execute effectively
- Able to manage change and stay calm under pressure
- A Bachelor’s degree in Math/Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Applied Sciences or similar quantitative discipline (Masters’ degree+ preferred)
What exactly does Equifax do?
Equifax is a global information solutions company that uses trusted unique data, innovative analytics, technology and industry expertise to power organizations and individuals around the world by transforming knowledge into insights that help make more informed business and personal decisions. The company organizes, assimilates and analyzes data on more than 820 million consumers and more than 91 million businesses worldwide, and its database includes employee data contributed from more than 7,100 employers.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., Equifax operates or has investments in 24 countries in North America, Central and South America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region. It is a member of Standard & Poor’s (S&P) 500 Index, and its common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol EFX. Equifax employs approximately 9,900 employees worldwide.
Some noteworthy achievements for the company include: Named to the Top 100 American Banker FinTech Forward list (2015-2016); named a Top Technology Provider on the FinTech 100 list (2004-2016); named an InformationWeek Elite 100 Winner (2014-2015); named a Top Workplace by Atlanta Journal Constitution (2013-2017); named one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies (2011-2015); named one of Forbes’ World’s 100 Most Innovative Companies (2015-2017). For more information, visit www.equifax.com .
Function – Data and Analytics