About SnapPay & Snaplii
SnapPay, a Toronto-based fintech firm known for its innovative payment solutions that revolutionized the payment industry in North America. Our services have successfully enabled North American merchants to accept digital payments from consumers and allow merchants to expand their customer base across various industries.
We are a highly motivated and result-driven team that always strives to make things happen. SnapPay strongly believes in cultivating individuals that have a purpose and are energized by their passions. While continuously expanding our market share, we have successfully onboarded more than four thousand merchants including Tier One merchants within the past three years.
The Digital Wallet Snaplii powered by SnapPay is to provide an innovative digital membership management service that can support users to enjoy one-stop membership benefits and convenient payment, and enhance the marketing effects of businesses. We’re creating a meaningful environment to help merchants grasp new member information anytime and anywhere, and help users feel a safe, smooth and useful membership experience.
About the Role
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the Tech team. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for service delivery, reliability, scalability, monitoring, and helping define all of this as immutable infrastructure-as-code in our AWS environment. Your contributions will help our team ensure we can provide our customers with incredible value and further our cause!
- Provide technical support for immediate and ongoing infrastructure problems.
- Provide support for services go-live, including planning, development and test support, production deployment, and post go-live review.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Partner with product development and testing teams in order to provide domain expertise around infrastructure design, security, and observability.
- Automate manual business and operational processes.
- Continuously evaluate and tune the monitoring and alerting to enable proactive incident management.
- Improve the effectiveness and security of the system infrastructure.
- Research new technologies and incorporate them into existing service when necessary.
- Able to accommodate flexible hours and participate in ad-hoc support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field involving coding or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with DevOps practices in Cloud environment.
- Experience with medium or large-scale infrastructure.
- Strong experience with AWS (AWS Certification is preferred).
- Knowledge about Kubernetes, docker, and containerization.
- Experience with Hashicorp Terraform or similar technologies.
- Basic experience in coding languages, such as Java, Python, Groovy, NodeJS, Golang or similar.
- Hands-on experience in Jenkins, CircleCI, or other build pipeline tools.
- A keen interest in information security and associated tooling.
- A positive attitude, with the willingness to learn and collaborate.