Huawei Canada’s rapid growth has created an excellent opportunity to build and grow your career and make a big impact to everyone’s life. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established highly-competitive end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields.
The Waterloo Cyber Security Competency Centre located in the University of Waterloo Research and Technology Park is actively involved in cutting-edge research in areas such as data and OS/kernel security, user identity, authentication, and privacy protection among others. The Cloud Security Research Team is looking to hire an Enterprise Server Software Developer to join a rapidly growing team of cloud security researchers and software engineers.
- Develop prototypes of innovative security solutions for Huawei’s cloud and enterprise back-end systems.
- Work closely with researchers and security product managers on the implementation of security modules.
- Perform analysis, evaluations and investigations into new and emerging security trends and technologies for cloud services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Master’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering considered favourably.
- 2-5 years of experience in software development in a Linux-based environment
- Self-starter, produces good quality code with proper testing and documentation
- Ability to prototype solutions using a variety of programming languages such as C/C++, python, bash, Go, Java, Rust. Knowledge of Linux software packaging (rpm/deb) beneficial
- Good understanding and/or hands-on experience in at least one of the following security-related topics: OS/kernel security, authentication (OAuth, MFA, SAML), identity management, privacy protection, access control (DAC/MAC), data protection, encryption algorithms, PKI, secure data transmission, storage encryption
- Experience with server hardware virtualization technologies such as KVM/QEMU, Xen, or container technologies (e.g Docker, lxc, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of networking and network security (iptables, IPsec, VPN, SSL, HTTPS) beneficial
- Experience with highly scalable, fault-tolerant cloud/enterprise server architectures beneficial
- Understanding and/or experience with major cloud computing platforms: OpenStack, Amazon AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud. OpenStack experience considered favourably
- Experience with cryptographic libraries (e.g. OpenSSL, LibreSSL, mbed TLS), hardware security modules (HSM) and/or key management systems (KMS) considered an asset
- Knowledge of trusted computing/trusted execution environments (TEE) such as TPM, Intel SGX and ARM TrustZone considered an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Server: 1 year