Type of Position: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Waterloo, ON
Education Requirement: University Degree
Experience Requirement: Minimum 3 years of software development experience with strong knowledge of C# and Python
Who We Are:
OCTOPUZ is a leading innovator in the design, development, implementation, and customization of superior Offline Programming (OLP) software for industrial robotic applications. Our uniquely simple yet powerful approach to software is at the forefront of everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a growing company and team in creating offline programming and simulation solutions for industrial robotic applications. With your experience and skills you will play a key role in the definition, design and development on our next generation software solution. You take pride in well-designed, efficiently programmed and reliable code. You appreciate that working for a fast paced start-up means you need to be adaptable, customer focused and results-oriented. Ideally you have had experience working on architectural and user interface aspects of previous Windows client development projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a member of the development team you will:
- Actively participate in the translation of requirements and use cases into development definitions and effort estimates
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable OCTOPUZ code and custom solutions involving robot motion planning strategies and geometry manipulation
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the software
- Actively contribute to solution architecture, product definition and graphical user interface design
- Coach and mentor junior software developers
- Identify development bottlenecks and/or bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization leveraging your experience
- Contribute to improving the development environment and processes
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of software development experience with strong knowledge C# and Python as well as object-oriented design and implementation
- Bachelors of Science or graduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Background in Mathematics, Computational Geometry, and Computer Graphics
- A team player with strong verbal communication skills and experience coaching other team members to solve challenges and grow
Nice to Have Experience:
- Experience with bringing robots to life! 6-axis industrial robot interfacing, or direct experience with brands such as Kuka, Fanuc, Yaskawa Motoman, ABB, or similar is highly desirable
- Experience with CAD or CAD/CAM software
- Experience working with 3D graphics desktop applications
- Data analytics and machine learning experience
- Experience with software architectural planning
We offer full health and dental coverage including vision as well. We also offer flexible work schedules and an amazing culture!
Job Type: Full-time
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!