Hardware & Systems Developer – (1800342)
As a member of the Hardware and system team, it is the expectation that the successful candidate would lead various activities ranging from hardware design, software and Firmware design, evaluation of Integrated circuit and systems, leading audio qualification, and supporting customers with design ins activities.
ON Semiconductor is a premier supplier of high performance silicon solutions for a diverse range of energy efficient electronics. The Medical and Wireless Division enables developers of advanced medical technology to solve unique design challenges in hearing health, implantable and other medical applications. We bring silicon to life and are driven by our role in helping people to hear and helping to keep hearts beating. Our product portfolio includes digital signal processing (DSP) systems, mixed-signal Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs), miniaturized packaging, along with software and development solutions. We invite you to join our innovative team and truly make a difference in someone’s life.
ON Semiconductor’s Medical and Wireless Division is looking for an enthusiastic and technically skilled individual to join the Hardware & Systems team. The Hardware & Systems team is involved in many levels of product development from initial concept to release for production. The focus of the team is the design and development of hardware and embedded software to augment the division’s ASIC and ASSP offerings. The team also works on the architecture, technical requirements, verification and characterization of new chips and related systems, as well as System-in-Package (SiP) products.
- Develop Hardware and systems for evaluation boards, reference design for medical and wireless applications.
- Develop scripts for test automation and evaluations acceleration of RF and ASIC designs.
- Audio qualification for new system in Package devices for hearing aid application.
- Internal and external customer support tasks.
- Bachelor engineering degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, System Engineering, or related discipline.
- Up to 2 years of experience in a related technical field.
- Experience in scripting using Python, TCL, or other relevant languages.
- Experience in using lab equipment and programmability as an asset
- Experience in hardware and systems development and debugging.
- Experience in audio system test and design is an asset.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
The Medical & Wireless Products Division creates semiconductor solutions that improve the lives of our end customers. We solve unique design challenges in hearing health, implantable and other medical applications. We also help the latest smartphones get better wireless connections and longer battery life. We invite you to join our innovative team and truly make a difference in someone’s life.
ON Semiconductor offers accommodations during the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities. Should you require accommodation through this process please advise Human Resources. Information received relating to the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
CAON01 WATERLOO CAZ
611 Kumpf Dr Unit 200
Waterloo N2V 1K8
: 122 OU AMI Semiconductor Canada Company