Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 30 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Slalom’s fast-paced, highly collaborative HR team is seeking an HR Operations Manager to support the team’s continued international growth. The individual in this role brings a strong working knowledge of HR information systems and online tools, as well as knowledge and experience working with Canadian employment laws and regulations, best practices and local norms. Our HR Ops Manager will directly impact several areas including new hire onboarding, reporting, benefits, payroll, and general employment matters and administration. A successful candidate will be hands on, detail oriented, eager to build relationships and excited to develop and refine processes and practices in partnership with their HR partner teams and local market leaders.
Job Title: HR Operations Manager, Toronto
- Build strong stakeholder relationships, enabling excellent prioritization and delivery on a varied portfolio of projects, including local and organization impacting efforts.
- Drive HR process development and improvements both locally and globally through collaboration, clear communication, and execution.
- Assure compliance of all employment/labor laws through programs, practices, policies, training, documentation and knowledge management.
- Be a subject matter expert on onboarding and employee experience for our employees, from activities occurring within our HR systems to events driven by vendors, partner teams and people leaders.
- Execute a variety of tasks related to onboarding and supporting the employee life cycle, including benefits education and enrollment, leaves support, documentation management, and termination processing.
- Support our client mandated background check function with timely support and local management/trouble shooting.
- Develop strong relationships with our international HR Business Partners, local operations teams, and US-based HR, Talent Management and Talent Acquisition partners.
- Understand, communicate and contribute to the department and company vision/strategy
- An interest in creating opportunities for growth and development for others, the ability to coach and mentor direct reports and partners.
- Work with a sense of urgency without sacrificing quality or accuracy.
- Strong desire to continue to learn and grow along with our rapidly developing international presence.
- Confident communicator, with proven success building relationships effectively both remotely and locally, with all levels of an organization.
- Comfortable playing both a strategic and tactical role.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience (including management) required, ideally 5+ years working across multiple HR disciplines. Bonus points if you have your CHRM.
- Ability to speak, read and write in both French & English highly preferred
- Excited to get out of bed every day
- Enjoys interacting with people
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Has a positive spirit
- Fun to be around
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.