The Audit Manager/Senior Managers will utilize KPMG’s audit and accounting practices & methodologies on client’s engagements and have the opportunity to hone their management and relationship building skills with our clients, practice leaders, and junior staff.
Role and Responsibilities
- Participate in the practice group to assist in implementing the business plan and achieving our global vision and local strategies.
- Work with members of the assurance management group to meet the goals of the assurance financial plan.
- Work on accounting advisory, information technology and data & analytics projects.
- Assist in the strategic pursuit and development of proposals and account plans to service existing and future clients.
- Counsel, train, and mentor audit staff.
- Apply KPMG’s audit and accounting practices/methodologies on client engagements
- Participate in one or more of our business initiatives, including client education, diversity development programs, recruiting teams, or resource management.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Skills & Qualifications for the Private and NPO sectors opportunity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage staff through effective delegation.
- Strong mentoring and performance management skills.
- Excellent client service skills, with the ability to understand the clients’ businesses.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relations.
- Deliver quality service and value to clients.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties.
- Must have a Canadian CPA designation.
- 4-6+ years postgraduate experience.
- Professional accounting firm experience a must.
Public sector opportunity all the skills above plus;
- Proficient with IFRS large public Audits.
- Relevant industry experience including but not limited to
- Technology Media and Telecommunication
- Real Estate
Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email at [email protected] or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.