CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Personal and Small Business Banking, Commercial Banking and Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
The Analyst will support the Director, Finance & Treasury Data Management to ensure the integrity of captured data in Treasury owned applications. The support will ensure that systems are executed on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. The role is responsible to ensure seamless end-to-end production as it relates to reporting, reconciliation and load statistics.
Additionally, the incumbent will be support design, development and change management activities for MR and QRM applications that support Treasury partners for Liquidity and Asset & Liability Risk management. The Analyst will conduct quality testing to identify improvement opportunities and system issues, and will suggest changes / improvements accordingly. The incumbent will ensure all activities are properly documented and in accordance with the enterprise change management guidelines and SLAs.
What You’ll be Doing
The analyst will support following key areas:
• End-to-End production support
• Conduct daily review of the operations/exception reports
• Ensure that operations and systems are performing accurately and on time in accordance with established standards and SLAs
• Provide daily and monthly load statistics/variance reports for downstream users’ review
• Under the guidance of senior team members: (i) work with stakeholders to resolve daily/monthly data loading issues & (ii) Investigate and resolve various system/data issues
• Initiate projects/processes to resolve recurring operational issues.
General Business Support
• Participate in enhancements/development: (i) Conduct user acceptance testing/quality assurance activities. & (ii) Recommend and assist in the development of new/enhanced reporting systems, policies, procedures and controls to meet user requirements, changing circumstances, and insufficiencies underlying the current processes
• Modify established procedures and approaches to suit specific situations.
• Assist with updating and keeping directories in line with the Record Retention Policy
• Provide value-added data analysis services to technology and business partners
• Maintain an appropriate internal control environment including adequate documentation
• Work with internal and/or external auditors when required
• Identify and implement areas for improvement within the department, develop and implement sound business processes, practices and technical solutions to address business issues/challenges where applicable under the SOX404 guidelines
What We’re Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work and accountability
- Industry-related experience preferably in the areas of data warehousing, relational databases, and end user (BI) reporting
- Equivalent to University degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Proficiency in SQL, VBScript, MS Access, Work, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) system is beneficial
- Strong problem solving, analytical, judgment and reporting capabilities
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to establish and build working relations and partnerships with the business as well as peers and wide variety of stakeholders (Finance, Risk Management, Technology, etc.)
- Self-started, able to work independency and take ownership
- Delivery focused
- Ability to manage deadlines while balancing multiple complex priorities
- Knowledge of CIBC operating policies, standards and organizational structure would be beneficial
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase options, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
What You Should Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.