theScore’s mission is to create highly-engaging digital products and content that empower the sports fan’s experience. Its flagship mobile app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular multi-sport news and data apps in North America, serving millions of fans a month. The Company also creates innovative digital sports experiences through its web, social and esports platforms.
theScore is seeking a talented and passionate Android developer to help build and extend one of the best sports apps on the market. The ideal candidate will possess experience creating Android apps and experience developing software using Java.
You will be working with a team of smart, friendly, and dedicated developers in one of Toronto’s top mobile shops. You’ll also get to push updates to millions of users every week. As part of the development team, you will work alongside a team of expert mobile developers from other platforms to deliver a seamless sports app experience across all mobile and tablet devices.
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Daily standup with your team.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize features on our Android app.
- Work closely with developers from Server, iOS, and Android.
- Design, architect, and ship features often.
- Participate and be involved in product development meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with native Java development.
- Experience in Android development (preferably with apps on Google Play Store).
- Experience developing pixel-perfect user interfaces.
- Knowledge of serialization formats like JSON.
- Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP, HTTP, etc.).
- Experience with Android Studio (IntelliJ) is considered an asset.
- Desired Skills: Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Dagger2, Data Binding; Agile/Scrum process understanding; Understands designing for testability;
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit.
- A/V club, Friday presentations, book library, and more.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Top of the line office hardware.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others.
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 17, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.