About This Role
We are looking for someone to lead the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed solution with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery. You’ll be exposed to stretch assignments as you take on large-scale, complex and/or enterprise-wide projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Design, develop, and document a detailed solution design
- Evaluate current technologies and deliver applications meeting the latest standards
- Participate in complex applications/systems design and development
- Propose solution options; generate stakeholder support
- Collaborate with stakeholders on project estimates
- Produce top-notch functional, technical, and user interface designs
- Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application and/or system
- Review technical deliverables for quality throughout detailed design and development phase, identify gaps or redesign as needed
- Define metrics and performance goals with technology partners and peers
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards.
- Conduct code and design reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind
- Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application (e.g. cross-capability/release issues)
- Provide technical support to promptly resolve escalated incidents/outages
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- 7+ years of software development experience with expert level Android programming experience and good understating of core Java development
- 2+ years of experience as a technical leader
- Good understanding of common mobile architectural patterns and familiarity with recent trends and libraries (Kotlin, RxJava, Firebase, Dagger)
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and Microservices
- Automated testing experience using frameworks like Robolectric and Espresso
- Readiness and motivation to mentor and groom teammates
- Ability to work autonomously and lead diverse range of activities (e.g. design, support of technical business solutions)
- Commitment to and belief in the quality of team deliverable
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the busines
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others;
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals;
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners;
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency; and
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you’ve never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process(including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.