Temporary Full Time Database Analyst
Until Approximately December 1, 2019
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 Hour Shifts
Monday to Friday Days
With occasional evenings, nights, weekends and potential on call
Reporting to the Manager, Technology and Telecommunications, the Database Analyst’s role is to manage and maintain corporate and clinical SQL and Oracle databases including database backups and maintenance routines. The Database Analyst examines and evaluates reporting requirements for various business units across the organization and use proven knowledge of specialized reporting tools to develop reporting reports and data extracts as required. The Database Analyst is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to – or new requirements for – database management, business processes, operational procedures, and their corresponding reporting structures.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or information management systems, and 5 years related work experience required
• Experiences managing and executing database backups and restores as well as database maintenance.
• Proven experience with report writing and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling required
• Considerable exposure to the operation and analysis of relational database software and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies required
• Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flowcharts required
• Able to exercise independent judgement and take action on it
• Excellent logical, analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Good attendance record