NetBrain is seeking a Director of Cloud Operations to help us transition to and scale up the cloud offering of NetBrain’s flagship software. Currently serving over 2,000 enterprise clients worldwide with a significant push toward further international expansion. Your mission will be to lead the team that architects, delivers and maintains the infrastructure and critical technologies that enable our vision.
- Work closely with development team and build out a cloud operation function. Architecture and optimization of AWS, SaaS, & virtualization strategies.
- Lead and plan the day-to-day execution of infrastructure and cloud operations, policies, processes.
- Build and implement process to ensure high availability and scalability.
- Team management: Recruit, lead, train and mentor the team members.
- Manage 24×7 cloud production environments, escalation and issue prioritization procedures are followed, and SLAs are met, ensuring excellent customer service, client retention and growth.
- Operate and maintains traditional IT infrastructures, cloud ecosystems, and IT services to meet client’s needs; manages physical, virtual, and cloud data centers and connectivity solutions; oversees systems and services maintenance and security.
- Drive automation strategies for cloud environments, including digital operations, CI/CD pipeline activities, and automated runbook development.
- Work with team and cross-functional partners within NetBrain to identify and resolve systematic operational challenges that impact the customer experience and business results.
- Continuously analyze operations and identify opportunities to improve service levels and reduce costs.
- Maintain strong knowledge of NetBrain product portfolio; lead specific Product/Service development projects as required.
- Bachelor’s (4-year) degree with a technical major or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience working as Manager level or above with demonstrated success in operating mission critical software services and 10+ years’ IT experience
- Experience working in SaaS company with a 24x7x365 offering
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2/Windows Server 2016
- Hands-on experience with Linux administration, cloud-based application deployments including images, containers and blue-green roll-outs
- Leadership and management of deployments for hosted applications in a private or public cloud
- Experience managing 24X7 ITIL based operations, and ensuring hyper-vigilant support is provided during non-business hours.
- Technical expertise and certifications demonstrating solid understanding of cloud platforms, networking, servers (physical and virtual), data protection, IT security, storage, IT operations, and CI/CD pipeline technologies.
- Automation/configuration management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Saltstack or an equivalent
- Languages: Scripting and automation skills. Python, Powershell, Bash experience.
- Outstanding customer-facing skills, including critical issue escalation & resolution, root cause analysis / corrective actions, and leading with accountability