What is the opportunity?
This role will have both administrative and business analyst requirements. The successful candidate will assess, research and document stakeholder needs in relation to CM Operations projects and help identify business solutions. This position will analyze current processes and provide solutions for process re-engineering and technological implementations to improve efficiency and control. Effectively communicating and building rapport with team members, stakeholder and business partners will be crucial to success on the job.
What will you do?
- Assist in analysis on projects in accordance with the RBC Project Management Framework (PMF).
- Provide business analysis support to the Fixed Income Derivatives business users involving issue identification, requirements documentation & analysis, user acceptance testing and post implementation verification reviews.
- Seek clarity in business requirements or escalates as appropriate. Recommend best solutions based on understanding of business issues and technology capabilities.
- Establish relationship with IT partners and collaborate with colleagues across the organization to deliver enhancements and bug fixes in a timely manner
- Host regular prioritization and status update meetings with all stakeholders including Operations users and management
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a business related field (Finance or Economics preferred).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including presentation skills.
- Detailed understanding and working knowledge of Capital Markets operational functions, processes and organizational structure.
- Relevant industry experience with an emphasis on Interest Rate Derivatives products and market practices
- Very naturally analytical with the ability to think outside the box while identifying issues and suggesting solutions.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in Capital Markets.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in assessing key business processes from an operations perspective and documentation of process flows.
- Working knowledge of various systems: Infinity, Murex, Swapswire/MarkitWire, Bloomberg, TradeWeb, intelliMatch, JIRA
- Knowledge of global regulatory reform initiatives (Dodd Frank, EMIR, CSA, HKMA, ASIC, MiFID II)Above average skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, etc.)
- Familiarity with front, middle and back office trading platforms
- Database and SQL knowledge
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 155 Wellington Street West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 11/09/2018
Req ID: 175339