Reporting to the Senior Portfolio Manager, the Investment Analyst will assume a support role in the coverage of the Energy sector in North America. The Investment Analyst will possess strong research analytical skills along with the ability to produce reports which will be utilized by the Public Equities team to make investment decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for researching and analyzing assigned industry and companies.
· Responsible for preparing detailed long and short investment recommendations outlining key elements of the investment thesis along with the relevant merits and risks.
· Monitor new industry trends and assess their impact on portfolio positions.
· Build, develop and maintain financial models.
· Prepare other research reports and undertake additional analysis and projects.
Qualifications and Skills
– Completion of a University degree in Commerce, Finance, or a field related to Energy.
– Completion of the CFA designation is preferred.
– A minimum of three years of relevant analytical and/or sector industry experience.
– Well-developed qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
– Superior organizational skills with an ability to filter vast amounts of information.
– Candidates must be highly proficient at financial modeling/Excel.
– Demonstrated ability to produce effective reports.
– Inquisitive mind with passion for investing in Energy.