Toronto Mandarin School
For more than twenty years, Toronto Mandarin School has earned a reputation for excellence to help students learn Mandarin easily and quickly. We have taught thousands of students of all ages, levels and backgrounds, including those with, and without Chinese language experience, to learn and love the language of Mandarin. Website: https://www.torontomandarinschool.com/home/index?locale=en
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated payroll specialist, who is seeking a challenging position in a warm and professional environment. This candidate has to be fluent in both English and Mandarin.
We offer a competitive salary, an extended health plan including medical, dental, and vision. Other benefits include an employee assistance program, educational assistance, professional development and internal growth opportunities.
Location: North York (Hybrid during the pandemic) Start Date: April/May.2022
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Application Deadline: April.22, 2022
- Conduct one bi-weekly and three-monthly payrolls with hourly and salary pays up to 80 staff
(including full time and part time), distribute government funding for childcare workers in the bi- weekly payroll and one monthly payroll
- Ensure payroll hours, vacation pay, statutory holiday pay, overtime pay, etc., are calculated
accurately; good knowledge of Canadian payroll regulations such as taxable benefits
- Track and reconcile employee time-off (i.e., vacation days, sick days, unpaid days, etc.)
- Conduct year-end funding reconciliations of staff wages and benefits and file reports to Children’s
Services in different regions
- Assist in annual funding applications for childcare workers
- Maintain and update employee personal and payroll records in accordance with company policies
- Administrate new hires, employee change requests and other payroll related activities
- Issue ROE and maintain records
- Collect payroll related materials required for year-end auditing and FS preparation
Monthly Review of Bookkeeping Records:
- Tuition records
- Deposit books
- Bank transaction records
- Petty cash records
- Reconcile paper expense receipts/invoices with records of 1) to 4)
- Collect bookkeeping materials required for year-end auditing and FS preparation
Candidate Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of one year’s Canadian payroll experience
- Bookkeeping experience is preferred.
- Excellent skills in MS Office (esp. EXCEL) and Google Drive
- Experience or knowledge of the Childcare field, especially funding application and processing is
definitely an asset.
- Certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) is a plus.
- Experience with online ROEs is a bonus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- A team player with good communication skills
- Able to work independently and efficiently with minimum supervision