It’s nice to meet you.
We are AskingCanadians, located in the heart of downtown Toronto at King and Peter streets. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing technology firms as recognized by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 program for the last three consecutive years. We provide our clients, organizations of various size, with online data collection services. We offer survey programming and hosting on the Confirmit platform, online tools for testing rich media creative, one-on-one interviewing, custom recruitment and online panel management.
We are dedicated to providing market researchers with the ability to quickly gather and deliver high quality information about Canadian consumers. We do this by accessing our research community of 600,000+ Canadians.
We take great pride in our culture, and are committed to each member of our team. We promote a culture of openness, accountability and teamwork – and consider ourselves a family. We offer personal and professional development opportunities and a close knit team environment with an entrepreneurial spirit.
We are currently looking for a Team Lead, Project Management to join our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Project Management Team Lead for AskingCanadians, you will:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Project Managers within your team
- Lead medium and high complexity market research projects when needed
- Build, maintain and nurture client relationships
- Act as a point of escalation for clients and internal stakeholders when addressing team issues or challenges
- Ensure understanding and execution of all company procedures on behalf of yourself and your team
- Develop and maintain development plans for each member of your team to support each individuals’ growth.
- Ensure that all project work is delivered by the team both on time and on budget to clients
- Provide support and training to the team to help elevate and enhance overall capability and capacity
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategic priorities
- Allocate projects to team members based on their skill set and existing knowledge of the client’s requirement
- Identify training requirements of team members and providing coaching and mentorship on an ongoing basis
- Initiate and support group learning through Lunch & Learn, and other ad-hoc training
- Proactively work towards improving Project Management processes
- Continuously review team’s capacity
- Address any issues with team members, other departments, and clients where appropriate and work with other team leads to propose solutions on an ongoing basis.
- Work with operations management to identify how to work more efficiently and effectively as a whole
- Ensure team members are satisfied in their roles by addressing concerns, ensuring ongoing training and development, and providing motivation through positive behaviour
- Proactively anticipate, troubleshoot, overcome and/or escalate project challenges faced on the team in a timely manner
- Effectively communicate upwards, downwards and across
Qualifications and Skills
Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work both independently and have advanced team work skills. Additionally, they must have:
- 1+ year managing a team
- Market Research industry experience
- A College or University education, or equivalent experience
- Developed business acumen
- A passion for successfully completing projects
- A client focus
As well as being:
- Highly detail oriented
- Results focused
- Driven and self-motivated
- A skilled problem solver
- Able to multi-task and prioritize tasks
You will stand out from the crowd if you:
- Have experience with Confirmit
- Are a member of MRIA
Job Type: Full-time
- Managing a team: 1 year