CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As a Project Manager, you will join the technology group to manage medium to large scale projects working collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, and technical resources. In this role, the Project Manager will ensure that projects are implemented using CIBC processes and methodologies while being delivered on time keeping senior management aware of key information.
What you’ll be doing
Successfully plan, execute, control and close project(s) again defined scope and budget using CIBC procedures and policies
Effectively oversee project staff (direct reports, matrixed reports, contractors, and interns), delegating work to appropriate leads
Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress
Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion
What we are looking for
- Your values align to ours – trust, team work, and accountability
- Passion for client service. You are interested in ensuring that every transaction processed, impacts the client experience in a positive manner.
- You have well-developed interpersonal and communications skills including the ability to actively listen, empathize, ask questions and respond in language that clients understand.
- Experience delivering in Wealth management or retail is ideal
- Possess Bachelors or equivalent degree or comparable work experience
- PMP or working towards certification is nice to have
- Must have 3 – 5 years of professional Project Management experience
- Must have extensive practical experience and knowledge with techniques for planning, organizing, and monitoring multiple IT projects simultaneously
- Must have strong leadership, coaching, and relationship management skills
- Must have effective influencing skills to impact decisions
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase options, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
What You Should Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role