TMX Group is at the heart of the Capital Markets industry in Canada. TMX Group owns and operates the Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, TSX Alpha Exchange, Montreal Exchange, & Natural Gas Exchange (NGX) / AgriClear (tech start-up), in addition to the Canadian Depository for Securities & Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation. We also operate globally diverse lines of businesses in Issuer Support (TSX Trust), Data Delivery & Analytics (TMX Datalinx and TMX Insights), and Fixed-Income/Energy Brokerages & TSX Private Markets (Shorcan). We have offices in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, London, New York, Houston & Beijing.
The TMX GTS PMO governs the project management practice within an environment that executes multiple projects across a diverse set of portfolios (SDLC, Infrastructure and integration of 3rd party products). We achieve excellence and quality in delivery to our customers by standardizing our project management services and consolidating project oversight for project performance metrics. The PMO endeavors to improve project performance via establishing standards of practice and lowering project costs by minimizing project overhead, reducing process redundancies and by leveraging our specialized project management skills and expertise. PMO educates our PMs on TMX PM practices and ensure that they fully understand and execute upon the expectations of the role.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, delivery and execution of projects for the entire delivery life cycle, applying established TMX standards and best practices. The PM plays a leadership role to ensure projects are successfully delivered on time, on budget, with good quality while making certain clients are put first. The PM works closely with various GTS leaders to ensure project plans are developed realistically and resources are assigned accordingly.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management and identify the key drivers and measurements which will be used to evaluate the project upon completion
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
- Create an integrated plan that details how scope, schedule, costs, communications, resources, dependencies, risks/issues, quality, change vendors (where applicable) and other key aspects of the project will be managed
- Develop a detailed schedule for the project that identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project and effectively allocates the resources to the work
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Monitor approved project budget, scope and timelines, actionning variances on a timely basis, leveraging standard project change request processes
- Ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and approved and are stored centrally
- Monitor the progress of the project and adjust course where required to ensure successful delivery, escalating where appropriate
- Provide regular project status and steering committee reporting as per established TMX standards
- Lead the project team in re-estimating project effort and costs at the appropriate gates and obtain approval on any revisions
Must Have Skill(s):
- Postsecondary education in related discipline or equivalent PM work experience within the financial services industry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager within an Information Technology environment
- Ability to successfully navigate and deliver within a fully matrixed environment that is complex and somewhat ambiguous
- Demonstrated leadership, with the ability to motivate and effectively manage teams
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Prior experience in client facing role • Experience managing projects with budgets in excess of $3-5 Million
- Experience managing teams with xxx members or greater
- Background delivering projects using SDLC, Iterative and Agile methodologies
- Experience with end to end project delivery (includes managing both the business and IT phases of a project)
Nice to Have(s):
- PMP certification
- Client relationship management skills
- Prior experience using Changepoint or an equivalent PPM tool
- Certified SCRUM Master
- Exposure to cloud implementations
- Experience with projects involving integration of third party applications with other third party or on-premise applications
TMX is committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide accommodations for applicants and employees who require it.