Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values – Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself – serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is looking for Technical Support professionals to help our users when they come in contact with our support team. Your responsibilities will include technical support, billing, and some occasional sales inquiries as well. We pride ourselves in providing amazing support to our rapidly growing customer base.
We strive to be very responsive and to go above and beyond for our customers. We measure our customer support success in terms of how responsive we are and how many expressions of love we get from customers. You’ll play a crucial role in maintaining our friendly and personal rapport with our customers, even while the company scales in size.
This is an excellent opportunity for an upbeat, motivated, and organized individual to kick off with a fast-growing and well-funded organization.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Taking all first line calls from customers and identifying initial issues
- Successfully resolving customer emails and phone requests through the use of varied ticketing, content and task management tools
- Identifying and tasking issues that require involvement from Engineers and Tier 2/Tier 3/Tier 4
- Improving our documentation and support.pagerduty.com by adding to our processes and documentation with your own suggestions and efficiencies
- Running some billing and sales related requests
- Leading tickets from high priority customers on an on-call basis
- Excellent written communication, work ethic and attention to details skills
- Experience handling customer issues through a ticketing solutions (such as Zendesk)
- Hands on experience in a tech support capacity, supporting customers using an Enterprise Software or SaaS Solution
- Prior experience taking calls directly from customers in a technical support capacity
- Be willing to work specific hours to provide SLA time-based coverage to our customers (for example 8 am – 5 pm, 9 am – 6 pm)
- The ability to write about technical subjects clearly and in a non-boring style
- The enthusiasm and perseverance to handle customer support and billing requests over the phone
- Have any technical experience with coding, linux, desktop support or HTML
Are you passionate about joining a creative company where you are pushed beyond your comfort-zone both professionally and personally? Then apply now.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more!
RSP with 1% employer match
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid stat holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time – 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient, central Toronto office location, easily accessible by public transportation
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.