- Toronto, Ontario
- time type
- Full time
- posted on
- Posted 3 Days Ago
- job requisition id
Finance and Accounting
Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
Support departments as junior finance partner:
- Assist in preparation of dashboarding and reporting as well as commentary and analysis on departmental results
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, make recommendations for improvements and assist in decision making process
- Perform analysis/investigation on various revenue/expense accounts and transactions
Support monthly and quarterly financial forecasting and reporting process:
- Review month-end P&L results with accounting team for accuracy, gather information from business to update forecast in Adaptive Planning, manage and improve excel-based financial models, gather data for headcount forecast.
- Assist in preparation of key quarterly metrics for company leadership, board of directors, and external reporting (i.e. bookings, customer accounts, utilization, retention). Pull, review, and summarize data from system (Workday Finance, Adaptive, Salesforce, BI tools)
Support annual budgeting and strategic planning:
- Gather information (i.e. revenue, expenses, and headcount information) from business to develop annual financial and headcount plan, as well as projections for critical metrics (i.e. point in time over time revenue, backlog, profitability, sales pipeline coverage).
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
Prepare reporting, metrics and analytics for your business unit leaders:
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of models by reconciling the date by combining systems data with forecast data to track key metrics and KPIs for departments.
- Create commentary surrounding point in time over time revenue, backlog, profitability, sales pipeline coverage
- Increase productivity by identifying areas of improvement in existing tools and models, recommending ways to increase automation.
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
Cover ad-hoc responsibilities arising for the finance team:
- One-off reporting requests frequently arise (i.e. drill down variance analysis on expenses, project for revenue)
- Serve as support for responding to these requests in a timely manner, along with regular responsibilities.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- Qualified or currently studying towards CPA
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Skills & Knowledge:
- High level of MS Office proficiency required, especially with Excel. Must be able to demonstrate expert level skill set with Excel data manipulation, formulas and pivots. Macro experience would be a plus.
- Basic knowledge of accounting, experience and exposure to FP&A.
- Strong, professional communication level. Ability to summarise large quantities of complicated information in an efficient and clear manner, to leadership. Able to develop clear, accurate, and professional presentations.
- Critical thinking skills, ability to perform drill-down and variance analysis in multiple dimensions, identify trends and make recommendations for improvements. Work must be done with high level of accuracy and great attention to detail.
- High level of integrity, personal responsibility and accountability.
- Preferred: Experience with building financial models experience with accounting ERP, data prep tool (i.e. Alteryx, Trifacta.)
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at [email protected] or 416-641-9500.