Senior Manager, Global Tax Information Reporting Compliance
What is the opportunity?
RBC is looking for a FATCA/CRS subject matter expert to join our growing team to help us enhance our compliance program to meet evolving risks in the tax information reporting space. As Senior Manager, you will lead the implementation of an enhanced Second Line of Defense (2LOD) governance and oversight program. In addition, you will ensure that program and activities are aligned with RBC’s Enterprise Regulatory Compliance Management (RCM) Framework and supporting control standards.
What will you do?
- Lead implementation of future state compliance and governance program model
- Execute program governance activities including registration and de-registration of RBC entities, maintenance of RBC’s FATCA/CRS database, contact list, management of internal FATCA/CRS attestation program, and execution of monitoring program in accordance with the FATCA/CRS Control Standard.
- Gather and report on risk and strategic insights derived from governance activities
- Assist with the development, maintenance and management of RBC’s Enterprise FATCA/CRS Policy and Control Standards.
- Establish and implement formal training and communication strategies to ensure policy requirements and updates are well-socialized and understood.
- Provide advice on policy requirements and expectations in partnership with Corporate Tax
- Identify, escalate and oversee remediation of issues as appropriate
- Work closely and cultivate strong relationships with key functional partners, Corporate Tax, tax operations and law group as required in order to execute global FATCA/CRS program
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of deep subject matter expertise in tax rules and experience with global information reporting rules
- CPA designation
- University degree specializing in finance, tax or equivalent
- Strong proficiency with Excel and dealing with large data sets
- Experience at large, complex global financial institution or advanced knowledge of relevant products
- Strong skills in business writing and developing presentations for senior audiences
- Key competencies include initiative, judgment, analytical thinking and problem solving and decision making
- High degree of tact, diplomacy and the ability to handle confidential information
- The incumbent must have well-developed organizational skills and great attention to detail/accuracy
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- To be part of a large and growing global organization which puts client interests first and has a culture of fairness and accountability