Everlink Payment Services Inc. is a leading provider of comprehensive, innovative and integrated payments solutions and services for 96% of credit unions, 55% of consumer-facing schedule 1 and 2 banks, and a broad range of SMEs across Canada. In addition to supplying best-in-breed technology infrastructure and payment network connectivity via our well-established Payment Network Gateway – with operational performance that continually ranks in the upper first quartile – we offer a diversified range of integrated payments Lines of Business including:
- ATM Managed Services, supporting the latest technology and introducing new innovations, Everlink powers ATM networks and transaction capabilities for credit unions, banks and cardholders domestically and from abroad.
- Card Issuance & Management, with a history of firsts related to Card Issuance Solutions, Everlink provides a fully managed, flexible and turnkey experience ensuring credit unions, banks and other payment card issuers are able to provide the card products they need.
- Fraud Management Solutions, operating one of the largest service bureaus in Canada for Fraud Management Solutions, Everlink offers credit unions and banks industry-leading and custom designed solutions enhancing the protection of their members and customers.
- Mobile Payments, fulfilling critical service delivery requirements, Everlink remains at the forefront in the evolution of NFC based payments with extension to mobile wallets and other digital payment methods.
- Payment Network Gateway, operating a world class payments technology infrastructure, Everlink’s Payment Network Gateway Services provides connectivity to domestic and international payment networks for credit unions, banks and merchants to participate in.
- Professional Services, leveraging our extensive industry knowledge, expertise and capabilities, Everlink’s Professional Services Team partners with our clients to navigate the ever-changing payments landscape, ensuring their technology capabilities remain relevant.
- SME Solutions, with a broad portfolio of solutions, including merchant services and FinTech integrations, Everlink’s SME Solutions are designed to support credit union and banks SME strategies for retention, acquisition and growth.
Complementing the strength of these seven primary Lines of Business is our ongoing commitment to Client-Centricity, which is the key element of our guiding principles. At Everlink we are dedicated to building, maintaining and nurturing long-lasting relationships. To help our clients remain competitive and successful, we provide the innovative technologies they need to serve their growing base of members, customers, and merchants.
Reporting to the Manager, Settlement, the Settlement Analyst is responsible for performing daily activities within the settlement area of the Finance Department. This position requires a thorough understanding of ATM and Point-of-Sale transactions, operation of banking/payment networks, complex reconciliations, bank reconciliations, accounting principles and settlement reports.
This full-time position is a great opportunity to demonstrate and grow your knowledge of accounting principles.
- Daily Network Investigations and processing of Financial adjustments
- Perform Network and Connector Reconciliations
- Respond to client inquiries and escalate issues as necessary
- Assist with activities related to enhanced settlement manuals and reporting
- Support with departmental settlement activities
- Accountable for providing technical/functional guidance to other staff
- Ensure correct funds are transferred and the settlement is accurate and in balance
- Take ownership of requests for support and ensure effective resolution delivered within timeframes that meet the needs of the business
- Assist the Settlement Manger with all bank reconciliations for clients/merchants etc.
- Liaise with the Settlement Manager and other Everlink leaders to accomplish objectives
- University degree in commerce or business, preferably with a major in accounting or mathematics
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate and interact with other teams & external parties in various circumstances.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to identify problems and drive to resolution
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Advanced Excel
- Accounting reconciliations
- Procedural improvements
- 3+ years of experience in the banking/payment industry which includes ATM, Point-of-Sale and eCommerce transactions
- Strong understanding of transaction processing with banking/payment networks
- Previous experience with banking business processes and applications, or in a Payment Services environment, would be an asset
- Able to handle complex reconciliations.
- Experience reading and interpreting output from highly- detailed data reports.
- Proficiency working with multiple computer applications and/or payment network applications
- Banking or Credit Card industry related experience will be considered an asset
You also have strong interpersonal and communication skills and are able to build professional business relations within, and outside the organization. These skills paired with your strong commitment to customer satisfaction and teamwork and the ability to manage multiple projects with varying complexities, priorities and timelines all work to make you the ideal candidate for this opportunity. Mutual respect, co-operation, professional conduct, and adherence to Everlink’s code of conduct are mandatory for all employees.
We invite qualified applicants to submit their confidential resume by May 27, 2021.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everlink is committed to eliminating barriers and improving accessibility for persons with disabilities in a timely manner and in a manner that respects dignity, independence, integration and equality of opportunity. Everlink has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If an employee requires a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, we will work with them so that an appropriate accommodation can be made. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, we will work with you to accommodate your needs.