Kronis, Rotsztain, Margles, Cappel LLP (KRMC) is a diverse, mid-sized Toronto law firm offering services to businesses and individuals in a broad range of practice areas. Acting for a number of well-known clients including financial institutions, leasing companies, multinational corporations, and owner-operated businesses, KRMC is a collaborative firm which offers a collegial work environment. KRMC is located in the thriving, uptown business district of Toronto, and has convenient, direct access to the Yonge-Sheppard subway station.
We are currently seeking a personable and detail-oriented self-starter to join our firm as an Accounting Associate in our Accounting Department. This role will consist of a variety of clerical, reporting and accounting tasks. The ideal candidate will be pursuing a professional accounting designation and be committed to continuous learning within the role.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Trust Accounting
- E-Billing – Tymetrix/Serengeti
- Electronic Banking – General and Trust – EFT/WIRES/PAD
Other Specific Responsibilities:
- Preparing cash flow forecasts
- Performing cost recovery uploads
- Preparing associate lawyer performance reports
- Preparing specific departmental reports (WIP/Receivables/Revenue/New File Intakes/Disbursement Analysis/Billings)
- Preparing assigned journal entries- Prepaids/Accruals
- General ledger reconciliations
- Assisting with monthly financial package
- Assisting with year-end working paper preparation
- Annual budget support
- Assisting in adhoc requests as required
- University degree or college diploma in a related field
- 1-2 years of related work experience in a professional services environment is an asset
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and comfort with new and emerging technologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – excellent knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional and courteous manner
- Capacity to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight time restraints
- Knowledge of PCLaw accounting system is an asset
A satisfactory criminal records check will be required from the selected candidate as a condition of employment.
This role offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package effective after three months of employment and the opportunity to work in a pleasant environment. This position is to commence as soon as possible after the selected candidate has been hired.
If you are interested in applying to this opportunity, please email to us your cover letter and resume, in confidence. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.krmc-law.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those with the above stated qualifications who are selected for a telephone interview will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls please.
KRMC encourages applications from diverse, qualified candidates and is committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Requests for accommodation during the recruitment process may be made by contacting Human Resources at 416-225-8750.
Job Type: Full-time