Downtown Automotive Group represents a number of the most recognized and respected brands in the automotive industry. Founded in 1992, our team has grown to more than 300 employees across our head office and 10 retail locations. DAG has been an active member of the downtown Toronto community from day one and we operate with the vision that people are our most important asset and the foundation of our success. Early next year, DAG will launch the first multi-branded, multi-purpose automotive/residential complex in downtown Toronto – The “Autoplex” – which will be the new home for seven Downtown brands: Ford, Genesis, Hyundai, Infiniti, Lincoln, Nissan, and Toyota. Lexus Downtown, Toyota on Front and Avenue Nissan are also proud members of DAG. It’s an exciting time for our company!
Our group has an immediate opening for the position of Accounts Receivable Administrator. This position is based at our Infiniti/Nissan Downtown location (265 Front St East) and reports to the Controller. We are looking for a friendly and flexible team player with great communication skills. You are organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Ideally, you have education and/or experience in accounting within an automotive dealership using CDK.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring all monies are receipted accurately and deposited into the bank on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that all cash clearing accounts are reconciled daily and any outstanding items are followed up with the appropriate department managers daily.
- Ensuring the bank is reconciled on a daily basis and all outstanding items are followed up.
- Assisting the Controller with month end reconciliations and ensuring that the reconciliations are accurate and complete by the 4th of the following month.
- Assisting with the collection of receivables and ensuring that payments to customer accounts are applied accurately.
- Performing other required duties to contribute to the overall success of the team/department.
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical/dental benefits, an employee purchase program, team atmosphere, management support and ongoing training, as well as opportunities for career development and advancement within the group. If you are interested in exploring this opportunity we want to hear from you!
DAG is committed to an inclusive and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.