Reporting to the Director, Financial Forecasting and Planning, the Corporate Accountant is responsible for financial forecasting and planning figures of Munich Reinsurance Company of Canada, Temple Insurance Company and Munich Holdings Limited organizations.
The successful candidate will prepare and finalize budget and plan, and regularly monitor and report on figures; will provide support and continuously improve financial reporting process, internal controls and analysis; will prepare various working papers for the completion of financial statements and audit supporting documentation. • Assist in preparing and finalizing forecast and annual planning figures and presentation.
- Maintain various reporting templates and updates as required.
- Provide proposals on simplifying the current processes while meeting all the reporting requirements. Support the implementation of the changes required on approved proposals.
- Assist in the monitoring of underwriting results forecast to plan on a quarterly basis, and preparation of variance analysis.
- Update and reconcile intercompany transactions for consolidation.
- Prepare pro-forma IFRS financial statements and P&Cs, including MCTs
- Update and reconcile VBM figures in systems.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly home office QFBR reporting and UER reconciliation.
- Prepare figures and reports used for Board reporting and rating agency presentations.
- Timely completion of various home office reports and schedules.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Keeping current with home office reporting requirements by reading quarterly newsletters and work towards implementing any changes that may be required.
- Work closely with other departments, i.e. Actuarial/Underwriting, to complete reporting requirements and projects accurately and on a timely basis. First and foremost, the successful candidate will demonstrate a natural desire to provide exceptional client service through his/her energy, enthusiasm and initiative.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education with concentration in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Actively working towards CPA designation with minimum Core 1 and Core 2 modules completed.
- 3-5 years of combined experience in accounting, financial reporting and analysis.
- Candidates with experience in insurance/reinsurance industry will be given preference.
- Advanced skills in Excel with advanced proficiency in using VLOOKUP, IF functions, Pivot tables, Macros, and simple queries, exposure to SAP is welcome.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for figures and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to present financial information in a concise and clear manner.
- Strong service orientation and a drive to make a difference.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
We shape the future by offering employees the competitive framework to realize their personal and professional potential; if you are driven to take your career to the next level, it’s time to join Munich Re. Munich Re Canada is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you have a disability which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with human resources or contact [email protected] as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.