About the Company
Auxly is an international cannabis company dedicated to bringing innovative, effective, and high-quality cannabis products to the medical, wellness and adult-use markets. Auxly’s experienced team of industry first-movers and enterprising visionaries has secured a diversified supply of raw cannabis, strong clinical, scientific and operating capabilities and leading research and development infrastructure in order to create trusted products and brands in an expanding global market.
Reporting to the Manger, Decision Support and Accounting Policy, the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Associate will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders on all phases of the cannabis value chain. Collaborating with Auxly Department and Business Unit Heads, the successful candidate will budget, forecast and do managerial reporting to drive financial results and business progression.
Operations, Performance Management and Reporting (70%)
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Business Units and departments to gather key data to compile rolling budgets and managerial reports and send to senior management.
- Prepare ratio and variance analyses and provide recommendations for future best practises.
- Prepare complex financial models, enhancements, and conduct maintenance around Auxly’s financial position, revenue, and expenses that enable effective P&L and Cash Flow management.
- Compile reports, decks and presentation packages for senior management, board and investors.
- Monitor value chain performances in Auxly’s cultivation and manufacturing Business Units and provide updated costing assumptions to Finance, Operations and Commercial departments.
Investments and New Business Initiatives (20%)
- Monitor CAPEX plans and historical investments in each project and provide Return on Investment analyses.
- Monitor covenants and key ratios and alert Senior Management of potential liquidity/solvency issues
- Conduct financial due diligence on counterparties.
Other Ad-Hoc Duties and Projects (10%)
- Support the design, implementation and testing of internal controls across subsidiaries and head office.
- Develop fair value assumptions and supports using the Company’s historical operational data and market data.
- Select and suggest valuation techniques and models of streaming assets and assess for impairment and recoveries.
- Analyze, audit and maintain results with Finance team and evaluate recommendations for changes and improvements to accounting policies and procedures from auditors and internally. Drive and partner with cross-functional teams to develop and implement approved changes.
- Prepare and review reports supporting internal and external audits. Work with internal and external audit as needed.
- Support other Finance functions where needed.
- Public accounting experience for Canadian Reporting Issuers in audit or valuation.
- 2-3 Years working knowledge in financial reporting and modeling.
- Post-secondary education in relevant field (i.e. Accounting, Finance).
- CPA designation is required.
- Tech savvy, adaptive to new technologies and tools.
- Well-organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Solid track record of meeting tight working deadlines, and prioritizing workload are essential.
What will set you apart
- CBV certificatoin would be an asset.
Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.