General Accountant – 12 Month Maternity Contract
Who are we?
Movati Athletic is driven by a vision to empower people’s lives through fitness and health, making the communities we serve healthier and happier. We’re not your typical gym. From the moment you step inside one of our clubs, you’ll experience the difference. This is why our mission is to passionately deliver an experience that makes our members FEEL WELCOME , FEEL COMFORTABLE and FEEL HEALTHY .
Established in 1997, Movati Athletic is a pioneer in the fitness industry offering an experience that goes beyond just working out. We continuously work hard to ensure our services, amenities and employees provide the ultimate well-being experience at an affordable price. What began as one club has now grown to 15, with more on the way. Employing 1,500 full and part time employees (and growing), our caring and exceptional people help ensure our members improve their quality of life. We continue to hire exceptional, caring individuals, adding to our family of Movati Athletic employees.
We’re always on the lookout for the best and brightest to join our expanding company. Currently we are searching for a Contract General Accountant. Eager to learn more? Read on!
The General Accountant, reporting to Movati Athletic’s Corporate Controller is an individual who has some hands-on experience with policy compliance, month-end and year-end close activities as they relate to budget, as well as, forecast and expense cycles within a medium sized organization.
What can you expect in the role?
You will apply your financial expertise and your knowledge of accounting policies, procedures and practices to this exciting role. You will have the opportunity to participate in key projects as it relates to organizational growth, such as the implementation of new systems and controls, company – wide resource planning and compilation of annual and periodic budget information. You will also be a key contributor to the annual financial statements audit process through the preparation of working papers for the external CPA firm, and respond to various queries and requests.
What else will you do?
- Responsible for preparing wire transfers
- Prepare reports on daily cash position to monitor the needs of the business
- Coordinate with accounts payable to resolve matters pertaining to GL discrepancies
- Assist and coordinate with payroll department for the manual EFT creation
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between general ledgers and various schedules
- Assist credit cardholders with resolving matters as they pertain to account balance
- Prepare daily journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Reconcile daily cash activity to bank deposits and investigate discrepancies
- Additional duties as required
- Follow up with credit card holders and verify expense reports are submitted promptly
- Reconcile credit card accounts and employee expense reports to ensure accurate general ledger coding
- Ensure correct approval, coding and matching of expenses to appropriate GL accounts
- Post bank activity entries into the GL and performance bank account reconciliations
- Preparation and entry of month-end transactions into the general ledgers
- Review and perform balance sheet analysis and account reconciliations and resolve any discrepancies
- Reconcile all corporate banking transactions
- Prepare journal entries as directed by the Controller
- Assist the controller on other duties as they pertain to month-end
- Additional duties as required
What type of experience should you have?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 to 5 years’ General Accounting experience
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong database skills
- Strong financial acumen and analytical agility
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, results driven, prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills working effectively in a team environment and the ability to prioritize
- Strong work ethics and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What does it take to fit into our Movati Culture?
Fitting into our culture, is about making the member and employee relationship experience Comfortable and Welcoming while cultivating a Healthy work environment and a fun place to work out!
- Positive relationship building skills with a “seek to understand” mentality.
- Friendly, responsible and “How can I help you?” service-oriented attitude.
- Must be organized with optimal time management skills.
- A problem solver always prepared with a “Solutions Rock!”
- Flexible and comfortable with a varying weekly hourly work scheduled, including early mornings, days, evenings and weekends.
Work Environment: Corporate
Employment Type: Permanent,
Hours of Work: 40-44 per week
Career Level: Professional
Pay Type: Salary
Job Posting End Date: April 30th, 2017
Captured your attention???
Interested candidates are invited to APPLY. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Movati Athletic is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran’s status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We can’t wait to meet you!