Combine your love of data & finance with your ability to deliver meaningful change, insightful reports & great customer service.
The Revenue Assurance & Finance Operations is a dedicated and collaborative team that positively delivers exceptional operational processes along with strategic reporting & analytic insights that optimize working capital.
We partner closely with the Consumer Solutions & Product Management teams to be the back-bone of control processes that ensure accurate and timely payment to TELUS TV content providers, royalty tariff associations and key partners.
We also collaborate with our Business Units and the Controller team on numerous working capital controls, strategies, reports and analytics.
Here’s the impact that we’ll accomplish together
As a Revenue Assurance Analyst, you will play a key role in the strategic support & analysis of monthly and trending variances and root causes, executing reporting & settlement processes that primarily support our TELUS TV (TTV) & wireless (WLS) agreements. Leveraging your business acumen, you will drive working capital optimization through insights & transformative initiatives.
- As an Analytic Whiz, you will read and interpret validated contracts to determine the appropriate measures such as billing system outputs or Data Warehouse sources for revenues and develop logarithms to calculate payments
- As a Strategic Thinker, you will coordinate the delivery of financial and operational strategic insights thru reporting that deliver Working Capital optimization
- As a Trusted Business Partner, you will provide proactive decision support to leadership team by understanding their business challenges and opportunities such as:
- Resolving inquiries on payments from either internal sources or external vendor sources
- Providing support on Consumer Solutions-Wireless vendor payment content process
- Understand and document controls surrounding existing vendors including associated tariffs and new services; read, interpret and provide settlement insights on impact of new contracts
- As the Finance-Go-To, you will prepare various financial & management performance reports and variance analysis such as:
- Extracting applicable revenue, financial & operational performance data from billing systems and Data Warehouse sources
- Applying contractual terms to calculate revenue and payment settlement for key partners and vendors
- Developing forecasting models
- As a Proactive Problem Solver, you will identify, develop and implement process improvements within and across your portfolio by:
- Discussing, documenting and leading design solutions for new content vendors
- Developing reporting output solutions to automate the approval process, uploads for the SAP Disbursements team, and the output documents to be sent to the applicable vendors
- 5 years’ experience in a telecommunications finance area with a high familiarity of associated products and services including ordering, provisioning and billing of services
- Regarded for your technical aptitude including experience with software applications for database queries (Microsoft SQL, Oracle), database structures and data management principles
- Acknowledged for your thorough understanding of Microsoft (MS) applications (especially Excel + VBA, Access) and accounting software
- Known for your ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment maintaining inter-departmental respect, sensitivity to all perspectives and information
- Respected for your capacity to take initiative and ownership of issues and make decisions quickly to solve problems
- Appreciated for your superior inter-personal skills, strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- With a post-secondary education in Accounting, Financial Management, Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience followed
- SAP experience
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- You must be performing at standard in your current role for a minimum of 12 months*
- The opportunity should align with your CCDP
- You are responsible for notifying your support person of your application
- You must apply online