- Conduct compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
- Verify and test financial statements and corresponding notes
- Apply knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE)
- Respond to client questions and queries
- Raise identified technical issues with manager or engagement partner
- Prepare professional correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Lead engagement teams while coaching and mentoring junior team members
Toronto Pubco Team features exciting industries including Blockchain, Cannabis, FinTech etc.
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our total rewards package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm-sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting and/or Finance major is preferred)
- Completion of CPA designation or working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation; completion of CFE examination and working towards relevant practical experience requirements will also be considered
- Two (2) to four (4) years of audit experience on private company engagements or one (1) year audit experience on public company engagements
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or the United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP)
- Demonstrate an ability to multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to travel to clients and other MNP regional offices as required
- Ability to work overtime in busy seasons
How To Apply
Please send your resume to [email protected] for a direct referral. Please note only qualified applicants will be selected for an interview.