About the Job – Staff Accountant
As we grow and revenues continue to climb, our business processes are becoming more complex. While it’s an exciting time to be part of this fast-moving, thriving company, we also need to make sure our finance team is properly scaled to match the increased operational need we have today and anticipate having in the future.
That’s where you come in! Working on our awesome finance team, the Staff Accountant will take responsibility for our staying on top of our payables and receivables and keeping us in the clear for audit time. If you are a tenured accountant looking to get experience in the tech industry, this is the opportunity for you.
How you’ll make a huge impact here – and on your career:
- AP invoices need to be recorded and paid, so you’ll ensure all invoices are approved by the appropriate manager and are entered in our accounting system.
- Print cheques, with supporting back-up, on a biweekly basis and record all payments in our system, obtaining appropriate signatures and mailing cheques out.
- Monitor daily transactions on all credit cards and gather supporting invoices. Reconcile all transactions with statements on a weekly basis and upload them into our accounting system.
- Review employee expense reports, ensuring all reports are correctly coded and have sufficient back-up, then entering employee bank information into spreadsheets to initiate payments.
- Ensure filing is up-to-date for cheques, invoices, and credit card bills.
- Initiate wire transfer/ACH payments to various vendors.
- Download new sales contracts from Salesforce and enter them into our billing system.
- Promptly invoice customers and reconcile cash collections. Follow-up on outstanding AR from customers.
- Prepare monthly revenue, deferred revenue and accounts receivable entry.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Perform month-end reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and assist with preparing monthly financial statements.
- File HST return and state sales tax returns.
- Assist with annual audit requests.
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- You’ve got intermediate Excel chops (pivot tables, vlookup, etc).
- You’re familiar with AP and AR modules/processes in an accounting system.
- You’ve got exposure to bank, corporate credit card and petty cash reconciliations.
- You’ve got experience with banking portals – initiating payments/transfers, as well as other software such as Xero (Accounting System), Expensify, Salesforce, and SaaS Optics is a BIG plus.
- You can create and revamp processes through collaboration with various department leaders.
- You’re a delight to work with and you can work as a member of our awesome team.
- You have a customer-service orientation and can keep your cool when it counts.
- You know how to politely push-back on folks if you need to stand your ground.
- You want to work with other smart, fun people that know what they’re doing.
At Influitive, we believe that diverse and open teams perform the best.
Fostering an inclusive environment where we can learn and grow from each others’ perspectives is an important element of our growing family. Influitive welcomes and encourages people from all backgrounds, abilities, experiences and perspectives to apply to join our team. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and are happy to provide accommodations upon request at all stages of the interview process. If you require accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
If you’re up for an adventure, we hope you’ll apply to join our team!