We’re looking for an experienced Character Designer to join our design team on a brand new 3d series!
Do you love discovering what makes a character tick through drawings? Do you love starting visual development of a new project from the ground floor? Do you love… DINOSAURS? If so, this is the job for you!
You’ll be joining a vibrant entertainment company known for creating, developing and producing award-winning, hit shows such as True and the Rainbow Kingdom for Netflix, Pikwik Pack for Disney Junior, the smash-hit PAW Patrol, Mattel’s Ever After High; and our own Emmy Award nominated series Justin Time. Our studio also contributed visual development on the Academy Award nominated animated feature The Breadwinner.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Director and Art Director to design characters in the style of the show
- Produce character designs in various forms from rough concepts to finished rotations
- Produce character expression and pose sheets to assist animation
- Take on various art tasks other than character design (prop design, character illustrations, cover art, mock-ups etc.)
- Collaborate with Art Director and design team to develop a consistent look for the show
- Contribute substantially and decisively to the evolution of the show design
- Demonstrate commitment to creative collaboration in a time-sensitive environment
Apply If You Have:
- Excellent drawing and design skills (strong knowledge of humans and animals, anatomy and posing)
- Have an intuitive sense of what makes a character appealing and appropriate for the needs of the design
- A thorough understanding of character design and a clear understanding of how your designs will be used through the production pipeline
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator – knowledge of other art/graphics software an asset
- Experience on a 3D production and knowledge of modeling characters is an asset
- Excellent creativity and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts and ideas
- Able to design within certain specifications (maintaining pre-determined proportions and keeping within an overall look)
- Ability to productively discuss, make decisions, and communicate ideas in a wide variety of aesthetic areas
- Previous experience is a must
Why Join Guru?
- We believe that creativity and quality are paramount, and we select projects that allow us to grow creatively.
- Creating fun is part of our brand! It’s time to be a part of an environment that nurtures your creativity, forward thinking vision, and an innate entrepreneurial spirit!
Guru is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are dedicated to employment equity and welcome applications from people from all Indigenous groups, races, religions, genders and people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience during our recruitment process and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where candidates and employees feel valued and respected. Guru strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed in the recruitment process as all other candidates. If you have a disability, you may request to be accommodated at any time. Guru will work with all candidates to accommodate individual accessibility needs to the point of undue hardship.