Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for performing accounting functions related to the areas of account balancing, ledger reconciliation, reporting and discrepancy resolution.
- Assist with accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash duties
- Prepare, maintain, audit and distribute financial, accounting and auditing reports, ensuring profit and loss accuracy
- Organize, secure and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalent in accordance with policies and procedures
- Reconciliation and audit of daily revenues and adjustments posted
- Review, reconcile and process credit card transactions
- Bank account management and reconciliation
- Government remittances (payroll, HST, WSIB, EHT)
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the general ledger through the preparation of monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and ad hoc analysis as required.
- Provide support in the detailed review of the financial results by understanding variances through investigation and follow up.
- Ad hoc analysis of general ledger expense accounts as required by management and follow up on any discrepancies and/or variances.
- Backup support for members of accounting team as required (AR, AP, Payroll)
- Liaison between accounting and other departments
- Record, store, access and/or analyze financial information
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years General Accounting experience, preferably in a hospitality environment
- Post-secondary degree, certificate, diploma, or certification in accounting or finance
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with Simply Accounting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks according to work volume
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.50 /hour
- Account Reconciliation: 1 year
- Accounting Clerk: 1 year
Required license or certification: