Tony DiPaola Professional Corporation is a fast-growing, small-sized Public Accounting firm located in downtown St. Catharines. We are a progressive firm offering a flexible, team oriented culture and positive work environment. We are not your typical accounting firm, a fact to which we attribute our continued rate of growth in today’s uncertain market. Our firm is built on strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit, with an unwavering focus on providing superior client service that extends beyond just the numbers. This dedication to our clients and our commitment to supporting the growth and the strength of our employees are the keys to our consistent and growing success.
We are currently looking to add an experienced Manager to our team. This is an exciting, growth oriented opportunity for the right candidate. Some key areas of responsibility for this role include:
- Managing a client base of small to mid-sized owner-operated businesses
- Leading and reviewing of financial statements (Notice to Reader, Review and Audit Engagements)
- Special consulting and advisory services as required by our clients
- Preparation and review of both corporate tax and personal tax returns
Qualifications and Skills
- Current Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Minimum of 4 years public accounting experience, specifically with experience managing professional engagements including audits, reviews and compilations
- Ability to manage the entirety of a client’s portfolio, independently, including file review, execution of the client’s tax planning and meeting the client’s service needs
- Extensive background of knowledge in: Accounting, including Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) and Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS)
- Understanding of personal and corporate tax compliance and planning
- Previous supervisory/managerial/leadership experience preferred
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment both independently as well as a member of the team
- Working knowledge of Caseware/Caseview, Taxprep, Simply Accounting and Quickbooks as well as Microsoft office including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
If you are a driven and confident accounting professional, and are interested in exploring this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tony DiPaola Professional Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for those who have a disability are available upon request to candidates taking part in all aspects for the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- St. Catharines, ON
- public accounting: 4 years
Required license or certification: