Job Purpose :
As an Intermediate Design Technologist at SLD you are responsible for delivering the highest standard of creative with which to represent the company. It is your role
to provide strategically based design solutions th.at inspire, innovate, and challenge the objectives of the client brief.
- Project support, production phase
- Work closely with the Senior Technologist / Production Manager in a team setting
- Develop design solutions that both inspire, challenge and meet the objectives of the brief
- Ensure that the project stays on track, strategically, time wise and budget wise
- Ability to manage your time and effectively manage multiple projects / tasks of varying complexities, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work with a variety of clients, and capable of managing complex projects
- Maintain a positive attitude and represent the company in a professional manner
Ensure that budgetary needs and creative objectives are achieved for each and every project.
- Support team on drawings and details
- Ensure the quality, accuracy and code compliance of all contract documents created in the design studio .
- Prepare and issue Supplemental Instructions, Proposed Changes, Change Orders
and additional contract admin.
- Review and process shop drawings
- Coordinate drawings with many consultants (Architect, Engineers, Food Service, Signing, Specialty Lighting)
- well versed with all aspects of working drawings and construction documents
- Thorough understanding of millwork and fix turing details
- Thorough understanding of interior & exterior signing materials and construction techniques
Experience & Skills :
- Minimum 4 years industry experience (retail/ foodservice)
Excellent communications, both written and verbal as well as interpersonal skills
- Must be highly organized and able to work efficiently on multiple projects
- Superior CAD skills and enjoy detail-oriented work
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Acrobat
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Sketch Up is an as
- Diploma or Degree in Architectural Technology from an OAA accredited post secondary institution
- LEED and or Bill 124 certification in small and large building an asset