About the Company
Canada Royal Milk is a member of the Feihe International group of companies, Asia’s number
one infant formula brand. We are an international company with a multicultural workforce that is
committed to diversity and inclusion. Our team members value and embrace different
perspectives and new ideas.
About the Role
The Senior Accountant is a key member of CRM’s Finance Department. Responsible for timely
preparation of periodic cost & financial reports, full accounting support for all aspects of CRM’s
operations and interfacing with all levels of operations as necessary. The Senior Accountant
assists with the development, revision and implementation of department operating procedures
and internal controls.
The role works collaboratively with Department Managers, providing leadership while acting as a
financial resource for operations, ensuring that departmental financial targets are met.
What We Offer
The opportunity to build and grow a progressive company, competitive wages, and extended
What We Look For
Curiosity, commitment to learning, and a winning mindset.
Education: Related University degree or College Diploma in Finance or Accounting. CPA
Designation considered an asset
Experience: 3 to 5 years of professional accounting experience in a manufacturing environment,
food manufacturing or fast-moving consumer goods experience is an asset.
Language: Advanced written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese/Mandarin.
Language skills will be tested.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Acts in compliance with internal controls and IFRS
2. Prepare monthly, quarterly, interim, and annual financial report including journal entries and
accruals, to ensure accuracy and compliance with IFRS.
3. Prepare analysis of actual to budget comparison reporting.
4. Assist with the day-to-day accounting operations of the department involving operating
processes and procedures, including ERP optimization.
5. Assist in the preparation of business plan in resolving cost issues, cost discrepancies,
account codes and variances
6. Improve and implement internal accounting processes. Review, development and
implementation of administrative and financial policy, procedure, and guidelines for the
7. Assist with developing plant performance reports and analyze actual manufacturing costs
and prepare reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
8. Stay abreast of financial policies, legislation, and regulations
9. Work collaboratively with all departments
10. Other duties may be assigned
The standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Most of the work
occurs during regular week day office hours. However, as an international company with frequent
interaction with head office, hours of work involved may vary to accommodate differences in time
zones. Flexible hours are required and may include evening and week-end hours.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of our employees and customers is a top priority for Canada Royal Milk.
Therefore, applicants will only be considered who are fully vaccinated, subject to human rights
considerations and recognized medical exemptions.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage
applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities,
Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.